Stachybotrys chartarum (also known by its synonym Stachybotrys atra) is a greenish-black mold. It can grow on material with a high cellulose and low nitrogen content, such as fiberboard, gypsum board, paper, dust, and lint. Growth occurs when there is moisture from water damage, excessive humidity, water leaks, condensation, water infiltration, or flooding. Constant moisture is required for its growth.
Mold spores occur in the indoor and outdoor environments. Mold spores may enter your house from the outside through open doorways, windows, and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems with outdoor air intakes. Spores in the air outside also attach themselves to people and animals, making clothing, shoes, bags, and pets convenient vehicles for carrying mold indoors.
When mold spores drop on places where there is excessive moisture, such as where leakage may have occurred in roofs, pipes, walls, plant pots, or where there has been flooding, they will grow. Many building materials provide suitable nutrients that encourage mold to grow. Wet cellulose materials, including paper and paper products, cardboard, ceiling tiles, wood, and wood products, are particularly conducive for the growth of some molds. Other materials such as dust, paints, wallpaper, insulation materials, drywall, carpet, fabric, and upholstery, commonly support mold growth.
***Information published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Call us for help in the elimination of Stachybotrys, Cladosporium, Alternaria, Aspergillus, Epicoccum, Penicillium, Rhizopus, Helminthosporium, Fusarium, Mucor, and Aureobasidium (Pullularia) as well as some more common allergen and health hazard culprits.
Mold removal & Certified Mold Remediation- Residential and Commercial
- Certified residential mold remediation in basements, crawl spaces, attics and living spaces
- Certified commercial mold remediation in offices, warehouses, schools, factories, and terminals
- Mold removal from carpets, walls, ceilings, floors, garages and storage spaces
- Mold remediation certification by the American Council For Accredited Certification (ACAC)
- ACAC-certified microbial remediation and anti-microbial sanitizing
- ACAC-certified mold cleaning, neutralization, encapsulation and prevention
- Water damage remediation certification by the IICRC
- Member of the Indoor Air Quality Association
- Solve all mold and mildew problems cost effectively
- Kill, remove, prevent mold with environmentally sensible products
- Clean, dry and sanitize flooded premises
- Apply mold retarding treatments, coatings and encapsulants
- Musty, moldy smell removal from all affected areas through deodorization at the source
- EPA Certification number is NAT-43984-1
- Florida Mold Remediation License (MRSR1121, FL)
Don’t let mold invade your indoor environment. Call Gerrus Maintenance Inc. for certified mold remediation in your home, office, or other workplace. Let us remove mold, mold odor, other biological smells, and indoor allergens from your house or commercial building. Call us for complete cleaning, sanitizing, and encapsulation. Let Gerrus improve your indoor air quality
Call 732-225-0662 now or Request A Quote.